Tax Returns For Contractors

Filing your Tax Returns couldn't be simpler...because we do it for you! Contracting PLUS - Making Contracting (and Tax Returns) Simple.

Complete your Tax Checklist

Making Tax Returns Simple

It’s hard to get excited about paying tax. What we do get excited about however is keeping things simple for you while our tax professionals work their magic.
That’s what our whole service is based around for our Contractors – Making Tax Returns Simple.
The Tax Return (Form11) at the end of the year is just a formality because we’ve been working hard all year to make sure you have maximised your take-home pay.

Watch our short video to learn more.

You’ll never put your Tax Return  on the long finger again…

  • Mobile Friendly (so you can complete it on your commute or while binge-watching your favourite box-set);
  • Our Unique ‘pre-approval’ option speeds up any tax refunds you’re due;
  • Fastest tax-return process for Contractors

Tax advice

No Surprises

The only surprise you’ll get is how easy it is to complete your tax return with Contracting PLUS.

Our really simple mobile-friendly portal asks you about any information we don’t already know. Things like any rental properties you have, or medical expense claims. Maybe you bought or sold some shares and need to make a Capital Gains declaration.

Our tax experts ask you easy questions and then work their magic to make sure you get the absolute best advice. What’s not to love?

Your Tax Return is FREE!

And if simplicity and superb advice isn’t enough, how would you feel about having your tax return completed for free? (Yup you heard right).
The majority of our Contractors don’t pay a penny extra for their tax returns. Unlike our competitors in the market place, we don’t have any hidden extras. You pay for an ‘all-in’ quality service… and that’s what you get.

Login to Tax Returns PLUS now to complete your checklist.

There’s no additional cost for tax returns once you’ve been actively using the service throughout the year. Full details are in your welcome pack. Additional sources of income required to be included on your tax return may incur an additional charge, but these will always be agreed in advance. It’s all about being fair.

Tax returns

Frequently Asked Questions

When do I need to file my Tax Return?

Officially, the deadline is 31st October. However, that’s the latest day by which you need to file. If you’re serious about not paying too much tax and want time to consider any options or advice we might have about minimising your tax liability, then we really recommend you get in touch with us ASAP.

Do I have to file an income tax return?

If you are classed as self-employed, then yes. If you have your own Personal Limited Company or if you are in our Umbrella solution for Directors, then you’ll need to file an income tax return. But don’t worry. Between your Dedicated Account Manager and our expert tax team, you’ll be contacted in plenty of time to get everything sorted.

I have an Investment property but I lose money on it every year. Do I need to give you that information?

Yes. If you’re making a loss, then you still need to declare it. But those losses are carried forward indefinitely and you will be able to offset them against future profits. So even though you have to declare your loss, there’s a benefit in doing so.

What Business expenses can I claim?

There’s no simple answer to that other than to say any expense which was incurred wholly and exclusively to allow you to carry on your trade or profession. However, your Dedicated Account Manager will talk you through any queries you have on expenses.

My only income was through the Salary paid to me through my own company or the Umbrella Company through which I operate. Do I still need to file a tax return?

Yes. Even if your only income is through the salary you were paid, as a company director with share ownership of more than 15%, you must file a tax return. Make sure though to include any medical expenses or college fees, nursing home fees you’re paying. Also make sure to ask if any expense you are paying might have a tax deduction available.